Friday, August 31, 2012

Review & Swatches: Julep Maven's Stefani


Stefani was the other polish in my August Julep American Beauty box (the other is Dakota which I reviewed yesterday). Stefani is described as a "Gold Flecked Grey Metallic" on the Julep website.


Can you see the gold flecks in this picture? It was really hard to capture them but they are there! So pretty.






Stefani applied to my nails like a dream. This is the perfect colour for fall, a moody stormy grey. My mom told me I looked like the wicked witch with these on but I like it (and that's all the matters right?) It looks like a metallic version of Nars Storm Bird. Unlike some of the other polishes from this month's Julep box this one didn't make my ridges stand out too much.




Overall Rating: 4.75/5 I love this polish and I see myself wearing this a TON this fall. The only thing to be careful of is make sure to use a base coat as this is a dark polish and it will stain your nails if you don't.

2 comments:

  1. julep is a new brand to me - i should try 'em! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the formulation of Julep polishes, they dry quickly and are easy to apply. The brush isn't too thick or thin so it's easy to apply :)

      Delete