Monday, August 27, 2012

Review & Swatches: Julep's Alfe


I decided to add on 3 extras to my August Julep Maven box and Alfe was one of them. Alfe was part of the Classic with a Twist box and is described as a royal metropolitan purple metallic. I would describe it as a cool, silver toned purple metallic.





Alfe applied very smoothly though you could see noticeable brush strokes from it. It's a very cool toned purple, with a definite silver tint to it. It has a metallic sheen to it and if your nails have any ridges (like mine do) it makes these flaws more apparent.  Like most Julep polishes it reaches bottle colour in two coats.


   
I can't say that this is my favorite colour I received in August from my Julep Subscription, this also isn't my least favorite. It's just not a colour I would choose to wear on a regular basis. 

Overall rating: 3.5/5 while it applies easily I really don't like how it magnified flaws in my nails or the fact that brush strokes where so visible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment