Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Review: Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Nail Polish





Sally Hansen Insta-Dry nail polish seemed like a great buy. It was on sale for $4.99 and it claimed to do a full polish with just one coat. I picked it up in Presto Pink and Lively Lilac and couldn't wait to test it out! I found that the colour pay off was true to the bottle, however Lively Lilac was streaky while Presto Pink went on smooth. The polish dries very quickly, though not in the 60 seconds it claims to, more like 2-4 minutes which is still amazing. The Perfectionist Brush that Sally Hansen says is so great was the real downfall for me here. I found the brush large and unwieldly, making it hard to be precise with the application. I like bigger brushes on my polishes (when OPI switched to the new brushes I was in heaven!) but this one is clunky and keeps too much product on it. The polish also transfers. I was doing some course work after painting my nails and noticed that if I ran my finger on the page it left a streak of colour. The polish comes off easy enough, though I did notice it tinted my nails underneath slightly. I'm going to give this another shot, mostly because it does dry so amazingly fast and that's great for a chronic smudger like me! I think I will reapply maybe with a base coat to protect my nails and I will do a follow up review with some pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment